Kit, Liberty Belle

Welcome to Belladventures!

Hello Gals!!

Well, I can't believe that I have entered the blogosphere!! However, in this day, it seems that computers are how we stay connected. I started this project because I want to get the word out about the outings that I have been instigating. My goal with this blog is to bring women of all ages and skill levels together for fun and camaraderie.

I have worked in the guiding world since 1995, first climbed Rainier at 17 (I have since climbed 70+ times-lost count), and am one of very few females-heck, very few peoples... to attain AMGA ski mountaineering guide certification. I have also just been granted ACMG equivalency as a full ski guide in Canada-first ever! Well, this means that there is a LOT of powder in my future:)- and lots in yours if you choose to ski with me! I note these milestones here, not so much to toot my own horn, but to express my dedication to serious fun!

What have I learned from these miles in the field? I have learned that the mountains are incredible teachers (just when you think you are the queen of the world, you step on a banana peel!) I have learned that the best times in my life have stemmed from the camaraderie I have experienced in these settings. I have learned that my favorite people tend to be the ones I meet in the outdoors, and the relationships I cultivate there are some of the most meaningful.

Why not jump in? The outdoors are beautiful AND you get tons of fresh air and exercise- what could be better!


There just aren't that many all-girl trips out there and I must admit, well -the dynamic is different. The idea is to provide quality instruction and skill building- so you can confidently recreate with whomever you choose- male or female.

Stay tuned for a schedule of ski touring, rock climbing, yoga posing shenannigans.....

Hope you can join me! Ciao Bellas!



Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ladies- this is big- save the date! Heli Camp in Revelstoke.

This is the first girls-only heliski program offered by Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing.  It is a HUGE value in January, and a great value in March.  Shop around- check dates- then keep coming back to the words "unlimited vertical"

Unlimited vertical.  Really do you understand what this means?  In the heli world it is all about "heli time" if the heli is in the air the clock is ticking and it is not cheap.  if we work together(something girls excel at) we optimize our time- get more skiing, more fun....and more vertical.

This is the preliminary info up top on my blog.  Note the price difference early season versus late if you can swing the January date.   No problem with the snow pack in January- I regularly ski blower powder in November in this locale....

Remember- Another La Nina on the way.  This is a great year to make it happen!


Ciao Bellas!

Anne


Women’s Camp – Three Days from $2,960 pp plus HST
This camp is specifically tailored towards the ladies. Enjoy unlimited vertical while you experience our legendary terrain in a low stress environment. This program is led by two guides using a Bell 205 helicopter.
This package includes:
  • Unlimited vertical metres over three days of heli skiing
  • Three nights accommodation at the Coast Hillcrest Hotel
  • Full buffet breakfast, gourmet mountain lunch and après ski snacks, dinner at the Hillcrest Hotel
  • Powder ski or snowboard rental
  • Avalanche beacon rental and related safety gear
  • Back-country safety briefing and beacon training
  • Optional yoga sessions in the morning or evening
Women's Camps are available on either January 7-10, 2012 ($2,960 pp plus HST) or on March 10-13, 2012 ($3,700 pp plus HST).